We are building a complex Big Data product which aims to revolutionize sales prospecting by crunching billions of data points and applying sophisticated machine learning & AI algorithms. Hence, we are looking for a Data Governance Analyst to ensure that the quality of this product always stays top-notch and world class. If you love working with data, have an eye for detail and a strong adherence to quality then we’d love to hear from you.
The Data Governance Analyst is a senior level position where the analyst will work under the general direction of the Chief Data Scientist and senior staff in the Data Management team. The primary responsibility is to treat data as an asset and become the expert source for data standards and policy related questions.
- Manage the creation, deployment, and maturity of data governance processes and technology including master data, metadata, and data quality initiatives
- Identify opportunities to ensure transparent and high-quality data across multiple sources and platforms
- Reviews, cleans and adds business and formatting rules to every taxonomy/hierarchy in the product Database in support of long-term data governance
- Develop objects within data quality tools for cleansing, de-duplicating, and other data preparation
- Collaborate with various teams to standardize data and ensure adherence to the data ingestion and governance standards
- Conduct root cause analysis and proposed improvement solutions
- Leverage subject matter expertise to ensure data products are understood by business user
This position requires a proficient level of experienced analytical and programming capabilities, defining requirements, developing and/or maintaining computer applications/systems, and ability to meet business needs within deadlines.
- 3 - 6 years in Data analysis, data quality, and data governance
- Proficiency with working with data (profiling, cleansing, and transforming) in multiple databases
- Experience in setting up and managing master data, metadata, and overall data quality
Strong experience of data analysis and data management using a variety of open source tools
Come with experience navigating unstructured, complex data environments
- Detail oriented, results driven with the ability to manage multiple requirements in a dynamically changing environment
- Experience working with a complex big data product would be an added bonus
- Ability to pick up new software skills in short time frames
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions
- Ability to write technical documents such as requirement specs or data standards
If this sounds like something you enjoy, then do apply. We'd love to hear from you!