PipeCandy is hiring a Data Governance Analyst.
We are building an eCommerce market intelligence company. What that means is we acquire data from multiple data sources, build derivative data products and scale insights about 100s of 1000s of companies using machine learning models. As we expand, our data sources expand, change and the insights we build grow in complexity.
We are looking for a Data Governance Analyst to ensure that the quality of this product always stays top-notch and world class. If you love working with data, have an eye for detail and a strong adherence to quality then we’d love to hear from you.
This is a senior position where the analyst will work under the general direction of the Chief Data Scientist and senior staff in the Data Management team. The primary responsibility is to treat data as an asset and become the expert source for data standards and policy aspects of data management.
- Manage the creation, deployment, and maturity of data governance processes and technology including master data, metadata, and data quality initiatives
- Identify opportunities to ensure transparent, high-quality data across sources and platforms
- Review, clean and add business records and formatting rules to every taxonomy/hierarchy in the product database in support of long-term data governance.
- Develop processes and tools for data cleansing, de-duplicating, and other data preparation, standardization, and transformation
- Collaborate with various teams to standardize data and ensure adherence to data ingestion and governance standards
- Conduct root cause analysis and proposed improvement solutions
- Leverage subject matter expertise to ensure data products are understood by the business users
This position requires a proficient level of experienced analytical and programming capabilities, defining requirements, developing and/or maintaining computer applications/systems, and ability to meet business needs within deadlines.
Degree in Engineering or a Bachelors in any quantitative field (Maths/ Stats/ Physics/ Econ., etc.) and:
- 3+ years in data analysis, data quality, testing, and data governance processes
- Experience in setting up and managing master data, metadata, and overall data quality
- Proficiency in working with data (profiling, cleansing, and transforming) in multiple databases using SQL and other data profiling/management tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL, working knowledge of Python and other scripting languages
- Attention to detail and meticulously specific about data quality, analytical and logical thought process
- Strong experience in data analysis and data management using a variety of open source tools
- Experience navigating unstructured, complex data environments
- Experience working with a complex big data product would be an added bonus
- Ability to pick up new software skills in short time frames
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions
- Ability to write technical documents such as requirement specs or data standards
- Opportunity to play a pivotal role at the early stage of one of the few 'data companies' out of India
- Mentorship from the best data scientists who have built & deployed data science solutions at very large scale
- Employee Stock Options in a fast growing early stage company
- Flat organization structure with an opportunity to work very closely with the founders
- Opportunity to attend tech conferences
In addition, being a startup that is still exploring new and fascinating use cases for our data-sets, the expectation on data governance is high as we need a sustainable way to build our product as we grow. We need a high energy, agile person who does not hesitate to define the scope of their work and get things done proactively.