We are building an eCommerce market intelligence company. What that means is we acquire data from multiple data sources, build derivative data products and scale insights about 100s of 1000s of companies using machine learning models. As we expand, our data sources expand, change and the insights we build grow in complexity.
We are looking for a Software Architect to ensure that our technology infrastructure stays ahead of the product growth and gives us a sustained technology advantage. If you love working with scale, experiment with new cloud tools, strategize the tech needed for a given product roadmap you will immensely enjoy the role.
This is a senior position (7-10 years in experience but exceptions are welcome!) where the architect will work under the general direction of the Chief Technology Officer and will support the Chief Data Scientist and the data management team with their planned data roadmaps.
- Ability to architect and develop scalable, cloud-native applications
- Facilitating and coordinating between the tasks assigned to various teams
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical requirements by planning, developing and refining
- Evaluate and choose the right technologies & tools to solve a given problem
- Hands on development is a must
- Ability to recruit and mentor a high caliber team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and ability to convey the message to the various members involved in the project
- Ability to constantly update and stay knowledgeable about the relevant industry practices
- Exposure to design data solutions
- Exposure to data engineering, data science & advanced analytics and data visualization
- Looks to solve problems with an optimistic approach and takes on challenges
- Opportunity to work on the best and the most modern technology stacks
- Mentorship from the best technologists who have built enterprise-scale tech at a startup pace
- Employee Stock Options in a fast growing early stage company
- Flat organization structure with an opportunity to work very closely with the founders
- Opportunity to attend tech conferences
Our platform is built using Python, R, Apache Spark, Luigi and Kafka (on the data-side) and Node.js/React (on the application side). If you have worked on any of these technologies, it would be great! If not, it doesn't matter, as long as you are passionate about building world-class enterprise products and have an in-depth understanding of whatever technology that you are working on. We will bring you up to speed on the technologies we use. Did we mention that you need to be super smart and lead the team by example?
We are looking for an individual who enjoys taking initiative, is adaptable and has infectious energy and drive to get things done! The role is ideal if you enjoy both business and tech. and would like to be a CTO in the future. Feeling the rush?