We are building a complex data platform which aims to revolutionize sales and marketing by crunching
billions of data points and applying sophisticated machine learning & AI algorithms. We are looking for
a Solution Architect who has worked on large-scale data systems, and has a strong understanding of
data structures, databases and data pipelines.
The Architect will work with our software developers,
data analysts and data scientists and will ensure that the platform architecture is robust and scalable
to handle our analytical, BI and data science requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in designing data platforms that use varied databases and
incorporate complex data pipelines as part of large analytical systems. The right candidate will be
excited by the prospect of optimizing our existing data architecture and designing and building a
platform to support our next generation of ML/ AI data initiatives.
The candidate must be self-directed and comfortable with learning new concepts and technologies to support emerging data needs.
- Understand product requirements and design solution and data architecture to support and
scale with the product roadmap
- Create and maintain optimal data architecture, including data models/ data structures and
data pipelines, to support analytical and data science model deployment
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data
from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, NOSQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into user
acquisition, asset utilization, user behavior and other key metrics
- Create data tools for analytics and data science team members that enable in building,
integrating and optimizing ML/ AI features in our product
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater AI functionality in our data systems
- Able to write technical documents such as requirement specs or data standards
- We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a data role
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another engineering or quantitative field.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience in working with SQL and NoSQL databases as part of BI/ analytical systems. Experience with implementing analytical/ machine learning algorithms is a plus.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to
answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Strong project management and organizational skills Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- They should have knowledge/ experience using one or more of the following software/tools:
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres DB, Mongo DB and Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc
- data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Detail oriented, results driven with the ability to manage multiple requirements in a
dynamically changing environment
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions
- Opportunity to work on the best and the most modern technology stacks
- Mentorship from the best technologists who have built enterprise-scale tech at a startup pace
- Employee Stock Options in a fast growing early stage company
- Flat organization structure with an opportunity to work very closely with the founders
- Opportunity to attend tech conferences