PipeCandy is a 'one of its kind', 'data science' driven market intelligence platform that tracks the global eCommerce landscape. Our insights are used by well known global brands and startups.
We are venture funded by India, the US, and Singapore based investors. We are building a complex data platform that aims to revolutionize sales and marketing by crunching billions of data points and applying sophisticated ML & AI algorithms.
We are looking for a Senior ETL Developer who has worked on large-scale data systems and has a strong understanding of data structures, databases and data pipelines. The Senior ETL Developer should also have a good knowledge of data modelling and databases, preferably on the Cloud.
The ETL Developer will be part of our engineering team and work with our data analysts and data scientists. The ETL Developer will ensure that the platform architecture is robust and scalable to handle our data and analytical requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing data pipelines that use varied databases and incorporate complex business logic as part of large analytical systems.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing our existing data architecture and designing and building a platform to support our next generation of ML/AI data initiatives. The candidate must be self-directed and comfortable with learning new concepts and technologies to support emerging data needs.
- Understand product requirements and design solution and data architecture to support and scale with the product roadmap
- Ability to understand complex data models, map the source data model to the target data model and define the necessary transformations
- Create and maintain optimal data architecture, including data models/data structures and data pipelines
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, NOSQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into user acquisition, asset utilization, user behavior and other key metrics
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater AI functionality in our data systems
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Able to write technical documents such as requirement specs or data standards
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Advanced knowledge and experience in working with SQL and NoSQL databases as part of large data systems
- Experience with implementing machine learning algorithms is a plus. Knowledge and experience of graph data structures and knowledge bases is a plus
- Detail oriented, results-driven with the ability to manage multiple requirements in a dynamically changing environment
- Knowledge/experience using one or more of the following software/tools:
- Wide variety of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience with Big data tools and stream-processing systems on AWS is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions
- We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a data role
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another engineering or quantitative field
- Experience in building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Knowledge and experience of data modelling and data structures
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Flat organization structure with an opportunity to work very closely with the founders
- Access to learning, training sessions outside of your immediate line of work
- Access to group kindle account with latest titles