PipeCandy is an eCommerce market intelligence company. Towards gaining insights into the eCommerce market, PipeCandy launches a series of products and plugins to be used by a variety of customers.
You will be a part of our product team and will be working closely with the founders who earned their marketing, tech, and data science credentials in places like Google, Cisco, Capgemini & IIT Madras.
Our platform is built using Python, R, Apache Spark, Luigi and Kafka (on the data-side) and Node.js/ React (on the application side).
We are building a complex data product which aims to revolutionize industry intelligence by applying sophisticated machine learning & AI algorithms on millions of data points. We are looking for a Business analyst who will work on custom data analysis and analytical project for large clients. If you love playing with data and math, have an eye for detail and a strong client delivery mindset, we’d love to hear from you.
The business analyst will work under the general direction of the Chief Data Scientist and work with the senior staff in the Data team. This position requires experience in data analysis, ability to understand business requirements, define analytical requirements, work with teams in getting the plans executed, and managing project delivery and client communications.
- Develop and validate data analysis as per business and client requirements
- Gather, evaluate and document requirements, develop an analysis plan and project plan to deliver as per requirements
- Understand data sources to determine the correct source(s) and logic to ensure accurate, efficient and timely deliverable
- Build, run and automate data queries, analysis, and reports
- Ability to effectively visualize data and communicate the results of data analysis & analytical models
- Collaborate with data and tech teams, delegate data/analysis tasks and manage product/project execution plans
- Understand and have a working knowledge of customer/transaction level data preferably in a retail environment
- 3-4 year of experience in data analysis, with excellent ability to combine, cleanse and harmonize data for descriptive and predictive analysis
- Experience in managing data analysis delivery for client projects
- exploration, analysis, data interpretation, visualization, skills
- Mathematical/ statistical modeling skills a plus
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Data analysis, interpretation and articulation skills
- Strong database/ SQL skills for data extracting, data prep and validation
- Experience in Python/ R. Good skills in advanced Excel/ spreadsheets
- Experience in scripting languages such as Java a plus
- Knowledge of Hadoop and other distributed computing platforms
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
A Graduate or Masters’ Degree in a quantitative field (Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, Physics)