PipeCandy is a 'one of its kind', 'data science' driven market intelligence platform that tracks the global eCommerce landscape. Our insights are used by well known global brands and startups.
We are venture funded by India, the US, and Singapore based investors. We are building a complex data product that aims to revolutionize industry intelligence by applying sophisticated machine learning & AI algorithms on millions of data points.
We are looking for a Business analyst who will work on custom data analysis and analytical projects for large clients. If you love playing with data and math, have an eye for detail and a strong client delivery mindset, we’d love to hear from you.
The business analyst will work under the general direction of the Chief Data Scientist and senior staff in the Data team. This position requires experience in data analysis, the ability to understand business requirements, define analytical requirements, work with teams in getting the plans executed, and managing project delivery and client communications.
- Works to develop and validate data analysis as per business and client requirements
- Gather, evaluate and document requirements, develop an analysis plan and project plan to deliver as per requirements
- Understand data sources to determine the correct source(s) and logic to ensure accurate, efficient and timely deliverable
- Build, run and automate data queries, analysis and reports
- Ability to effectively visualize data and communicate results of data analysis & analytical models
- Collaborate with data and tech teams to ensure data/ analysis tasks are allocated and executed as per plan
- Understand and have a working knowledge of customer/ transaction level data preferably in retail environment
- Experience in managing on data analysis delivery for client projects. Experience in managing a team is a plus
- Data exploration, analysis, data interpretation, visualization, skills. Mathematical/ statistical modeling skills a plus
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Analyze & interpret data and communicate results to clients effectively
- Analytical/ Technologies skills
- Strong database/ SQL skills for data extracting, data prep and validation
- Experience in Python/ R. Good skills in advanced Excel/ spreadsheets
- Experience in scripting languages such as Java a plus
- Knowledge of Hadoop and other distributed computing platforms
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Degree in a quantitative field (Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, Physics)
- 3-4 years of experience in data analysis, with excellent ability to combine, cleanse and harmonize data for descriptive and predictive analysis
- Ability to work with business and technology teams to deliver data acquisition projects
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and think strategically
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Flat organization structure with an opportunity to work very closely with the founderss
- Forums for development of skills outside of the direct line of work
- Group Insurance and Provident Fund
- Stocked Pantry